UNIVERSITY HEALTH SERVICES
The University Health Services (UHS) offers twenty four hour medical services to staff and their dependents, and students across all the University campuses, with the main Students’ and Staff clinics being centrally located in the Main Campus.
The UHS is duly registered and licensed by Kenya Dentists and Medical Practitioners Council, and is recognized by the Ministry of Health and County Government as a Level IV Hospital. UHS is also fully accredited to the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF).
The UHS ascribes to health sector standards, and has a team of multi-disciplinary healthcare workers that comprise Medical officers and Specialists, Registered Nurses, Registered Clinical Officers, Medical Laboratory Technologists, Pharmacists and Pharmaceutical Technologists, Health Information Technologists, administrative and support staff among others.
UHS has established partnership and collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders, towards provision of holistic healthcare, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- General and Specialized Out-patient services
- In-patient Care and Management ( including curative and rehabilitative)
- Theatre services
- Laboratory / Medical Diagnostic Screening and Testing
- Information ,Counseling and Education Services
- Ambulance Support Services for Emergency Evacuations
- Referral System for Specialized Care and Management
FORMER DEPARTMENT HEADS
- DR.JAMES KIBE GITHAHU
- DR. BENSON KILONZO
- DR.STEPHEN OCHIEL
- DR.M.R.B OTIENO
- DR.DOREEN ASIMBA